Some of my work on Updike was discussed on The Dish with Andrew Sullivan.
Some of my work on Ross Macdonald was discussed on Pretty Sinister Books.
Here is my interview with superstar music impresario Wendy Starland.
Here is my interview with Pulitzer Prize nominee Olympia Vernon.
Here is my interview with the editor of Best American Short Stories, Heidi Pitlor.
Here is my interview with acclaimed artist Emil Kazaz.
My musing on John D. Macdonald, Travis McGee, and the chicks was picked up on The Rap Sheet.

Vol 1: Random Notes on Updike's THE CENTAUR

Peter
Quinones
Postmodern
Deconstruction
Madhouse

Vol 1: Random Notes on Updike’s THE CENTAUR

THIS MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 2014 by PETER QUINONES



 At a certain point, it seems to me, it's legitimate to wonder at what juncture the fiction stops becoming a reflection of real life instead of vice versa - that is, is it possible that a writer has the thought, "I'm going to behave this way and that way in my actual life so I can write about it in my work and make the claim 'the fiction is autobiographical' " ?

1 comment:

  1. He kneels to comply. Annoyed at such ready compliance, which implies pleasure, she stiffens her feet and kicks so her toenails stab his cheek, dangerously near his eyes.He pins her ankles to continue his kissing. Slightly doughy, matronly ankles. Green veins on her insteps. Nice remembered locker room taste. Cheap vanilla.
    http://postmoderndeconstructionmadhouse.blogspot.com/2013/10/tracking-john-updikes-foot-fetish-part-1.html#.UyN20T9dXxA

    ReplyDelete