Some of my work on Updike was discussed on The Dish with Andrew Sullivan.
Some of my work on Ross Macdonald was discussed on Pretty Sinister Books.
Here is my interview with superstar music impresario Wendy Starland.
Here is my interview with Pulitzer Prize nominee Olympia Vernon.
Here is my interview with the editor of Best American Short Stories, Heidi Pitlor.
Here is my interview with acclaimed artist Emil Kazaz.
My musing on John D. Macdonald, Travis McGee, and the chicks was picked up on The Rap Sheet.

Biting Dead Skin off Your Thumb in DeLillo





Peter
Quinones
Postmodern
Connect with Peter Quinones via Friend Request on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009411814078

Deconstruction
Madhouse
      
                        Reflections on Bellow, Updike and DeLillo


Players: "He went to the smoking area, where he saw Frank McKechnie standing at the edge of a noisy group, biting skin from his thumb."
The Names (about Frank Volterra): "He wore dark glasses and kept biting skin from the edge of his thumb.”
Cosmopolis: “He sat down and looked at Chin, who was biting dead skin at the side of his thumbnail.”
Point Omega: “ “Bites the skin off the edge of his thumbnail, always the right thumb, still do it, loose piece of dead skin, that’s how I know who I am.” “

What about this?






No comments:

Post a Comment